I love fall. Although we haven’t had a particularly
scorching summer (95 most days instead of 105 like last summer), the thought of cool
breezes and fleece jackets sounds quite appealing. I have been doing lots and
lots of thinking about Cambodia lately, and I have visited the land of the
things I will miss. Fall weather is one of them. I will be in 90 degree
year-round temps, 6 months of rain and 6 months of dry. No more crunchy leaves,
scarves, apple cinnamon candles, or pumpkin pie.
Someone once told me that it is okay to grieve the things we
will miss, the things we are leaving behind when we enter into something new. We grieve and acknowledge those things…but
then we need to move on. I’m sure there will be plenty of things that will be
hard to give up, things I love about the US or events in my family’s life I'm not there for or
things that make me comfortable. The awesome thing is that God gives grace in
those moments, and He often gives something very special and unique in place of
the things we are giving up. But for now… I’m grieving giving up fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment